Scope of Service
The National Health Strategy (NHS) for 2018-2022 in Qatar places a special focus on prioritizing individuals with special needs. In response, PHCC created a customized environment to improve their access to healthcare services. "People with special needs" refers to individuals who have distinct requirements not shared by others. These needs often result from enduring physical, mental, intellectual, or sensory impairments that may limit their ability to fully participate in society on an equal footing with others. This initiative aligns with the National Health Strategy's objectives, which include:
- Provide a better understanding of the epidemiology of children and adults with special needs in Qatar.
- Improve availability of high-quality disability services such as sensory friendly environments integrated within PHCC health center facilities.
- Improve support for families, formal and informal caregivers such as parent teaching program EarlyBird (EB).
- Provide barrier-free access to essential health services through providing fast-track flow services.
Improve early detection and diagnosis.
Primary Health Care Corporation Health Centers offer the Fast-Tracked Flow service to support clients with special needs. This optional service entails the following:
- Use of special needs’ car parking slots available on the ground floor or Basement 1 (B1) by individuals with special needs who have a car parking sign from the Ministry of Interior.
- Walk-in clients can approach Hayyak team for special needs Q-matic number.
- Clients with booked appointment may approach Hayyak team for assistance.
- All age groups with primary focus on children and adolescents.
- For EarlyBird program, parents of children with ASD aged 7 years and below.
Type of Access
- Physician referral
- Secondary care referral