People with Special Needs (SN) are identified as a priority population in the National Health Strategy (NHS) 2018 – 2022 in Qatar. In this context, PHCC establishing a tailored environment to people with special needs to enhance access to care in PHCC. The term People with special needs is defined as individuals who have been determined to require special attention and specific necessities that others do not. Those who have long-term physical, mental, intellectual or sensory impairment, which may hinder their full and effective participation in society on an equal basis with others. In line with the National Health Strategy it aims to :
• Provide a better understanding of the epidemiology of children and adults with special needs in Qatar.
• Improve availability of high-quality disability services such as Sensory friendly environments integrated within PHCC health center facilities.
• Improve support for families, formal and informal caregivers such as parent teaching program EarlyBird (EB).
• Provide barrier-free access to essential health services through providing fast-track flow services.
• Improve early detection and diagnosis.
All age groups with primary focus on child and adolescent Parents of children with ASD up to age 7 for EarlyBird program.